TICKET CITY

D1SN Shop

NOTES

Washington LB Victor suspended after arrest
Washington senior linebacker Azeem Victor was indefinitely suspended after his arrest on suspicion of DUI over the weekend, the team announced. Victor was booked at 4:16 a.m. on Sunday and released six hours later, per King County Jail records that were obtained by the Seattle Times. "We take these matters very seriously, and have suspended Azeem from our team indefinitely as we continue to gather details about this incident," coach Chris Petersen said in a statement on Wednesday. The suspension is the second of the season for Victor, who missed the season opener against Rutgers for a violation of team rules. A First-Team All-Pac 12 selection last season, Victor lost his starting job to Ben Burr-Kirven and has played at defensive end. Victor has 30 tackles and two sacks on the season.
November 16, 2017

UCLA trio suspended
UCLA freshmen basketball players LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were suspended indefinitely by the school on Wednesday after returning from China where they were held last week for shoplifting. UCLA coach Steve Alford said at a news conference Wednesday that the trio will not take part in practice or games while the school performs a review of the situation. "They will have to earn their way back," Alford said. "These are good young men who have exercised an inexcusable lapse of judgment, and now they have to live with that." Ball, Riley and Hill delivered statements to the media at the news conference about the incident that had them required to stay behind in China for a few days after the team returned to Los Angeles. UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero said at the end of the news conference that the players each admitted guilt and the charges were withdrawn by Chinese authorities. They paid $2,200 bail, surrendered passports and agreed to travel restrictions. "We're very disappointed in the conduct of our three student-athletes," Guerrero said. "They know they made a huge mistake and as you can see they're deeply sorry for it." The trio created an international incident that eventually saw President Trump, while visiting Beijing last week as part of a five-nation Asia tour, personally asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to help resolve the case. The players arrived back in Los Angeles from Shanghai on Tuesday evening, ending a week-long ordeal. "I want to start off by saying how ashamed and embarrassed I am," Riley said at the news conference, taking full responsibility for shoplifting. Riley thanked Trump for intervening on the players' behalf. "We really appreciate you helping us out," Riley said in his statement. "I can only hope that my actions, my words and my hard work in the weeks to come will show that I am capable of meeting that high standard. I can assure you that I will never do anything again to jeopardize UCLA's reputation or that of my own." Ball, the brother of Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball, was next to speak and apologized for stealing and to the people of China. "We're young men, but it's not an excuse for making a really stupid decision," said Ball, who also thanked Trump and the U.S. government for intervening. "I'm extremely sorry for those I let down." Hill apologized to UCLA fans, saying: "I feel like my actions have hurt them the most. What I did was stupid. There's no other way to put it and I am not that kind of person." Before the news conference, Trump tweeted Wednesday morning: "Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!" Ball, Riley and Hill were questioned last Tuesday about allegedly stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store next to the team's hotel in Hangzhou, where the Bruins had been staying before leaving for Shanghai to face Georgia Tech on Saturday. UCLA won 63-60 in its opening game without the three freshmen.
November 15, 2017

Arkansas QB Kelley suspended indefinitely
Arkansas quarterback Cole Kelley has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and careless driving, coach Bret Bielema announced Monday. Kelley, a 20-year-old redshirt freshman, will be prohibited from all team activities this week and will not play for the Razorbacks (4-6 overall, 1-5 SEC) in their game against visiting Mississippi State (7-3, 3-3) on Saturday. "He has to understand that not only to be an Arkansas Razorback, but to be a quarterback starting games here is a very big deal," Bielema said Monday. "Social media and everything else around, he's going to be held to a higher standard. ... He's going to have to do a lot of growing up in a short amount of time." Kelley, who has a court hearing on Wednesday, refused to take a breathalyzer test prior to being booked at 8:47 a.m. CT Sunday. Arkansas lost 33-10 to LSU on Saturday and Kelley was 3-of-10 passing for 36 yards and one interception in relief of starter Austin Allen. Kelley started the team's previous four games when Allen was sidelined with a shoulder injury. Kelley has thrown for 1,038 yards, eight touchdowns and four interceptions this season.
November 13, 2017

Miami TE Irvin Jr. suspended
Miami Hurricanes tight end Michael Irvin Jr. has been suspended indefinitely, coach Mark Richt said on a media teleconference Sunday night. Irvin, the son of former Hurricanes star receiver and Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, "just hasn't done what's he's supposed to do off the field and until he does, we won't let him play," Richt said. Irvin Jr. wasn't on the sideline for Miami's home win against Syracuse on Saturday. Previously, he had been suspended for the Russell Athletic Bowl at the end of last season because of an unspecified violation of team rules. Miami was hoping Irvin would help form a prolific tight end tandem with Christopher Herndon, much like 2017 NFL Draft first-rounder David Njoku and Herndon did last season. But while Herndon has a team-high 28 catches this season, Irvin has three catches for 39 yards. Redshirt sophomore Scott Patchan, recently converted from defensive end, will back up Herndon.
October 23, 2017

Auburn WR Davis off team
Auburn wide receiver Kyle Davis has been dismissed for violation of team rules, coach Gus Malzahn told reporters on Tuesday. Davis, a sophomore, did not travel with the team to Saturday's game against LSU. Malzahn did not disclose the reason for Davis' absence to reporters after LSU posted a 27-23 victory. "Kyle Davis has been dismissed from our team for breaking team rules," Malzahn said Tuesday. "We wish him nothing but the best moving forward." Davis has reeled in seven receptions for 210 yards this season. The 6-foot-3, 213-pounder had 12 catches for 248 yards and two touchdowns during his freshman campaign.
October 17, 2017

Mens Paradise Jam relocated to Liberty
The 2017 Paradise Jam basketball tournament has been moved to Liberty University because of hurricane damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The eight-team tournament will be held from Nov. 17-19. The school says all proceeds from gate receipts will be donated to humanitarian relief efforts in the U.S. Virgin Islands, which were hard hit by hurricanes Irma and Maria. St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands has hosted the tournament the past 17 years. Besides Liberty, participating schools are Mercer, Drexel, Houston, Quinnipiac, Colorado, Wake Forest and Drake.
October 4, 2017

Womens Paradise Jam relocated to two locations

The women's 2017 U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam will be hosted in two separate locations at George Washington University and Eastern Florida State College. George Washington University in Washington, D.C. will host the four-team Reef Division with Syracuse, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin. The women's Island Division tournament will be hosted at a neutral site at Eastern Florida State College in Melbourne, Florida, with Butler, Drexel, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia. Both tournaments will run simultaneously Thursday, Nov. 23 through Saturday, Nov. 25. The women's 2017 U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam Reef Division will be played at Charles E. Smith Center on the George Washington campus. The division tip offs Thanksgiving Day at 10 a.m. between Vanderbilt and George Washington, followed by Syracuse and Wisconsin at 12:30 p.m. For a complete game schedule visit paradisejam.com.
October 4, 2017

San Juan Shootout relocated
The 2017 San Juan Shootout has been moved to Daytona Beach, Florida due to severe infrastructure damage in Puerto Rico caused by Hurricane Maria, Sport Tours International announced today. The state-of-the-art Ocean Center will host the womens basketball tournament Thursday, Nov. 23rd and Friday, Nov. 24th. The field for the 2017 San Juan Shootout includes Coastal Carolina, North Texas, Buffalo, Nebraska, Detroit and Clemson. Fans who purchased travel packages to Puerto Rico will receive a full refund. Ticket and hotel booking information for the relocated event in Daytona Beach is forthcoming. The new schedule for the tournament is below.
Thursday, November 23rd
2 p.m. - Coastal Carolina vs. North Texas
4:15 p.m. - Buffalo vs. Nebraska
6:30 p.m. - Detroit vs. Clemson

Friday, November 24th
2 p.m. - Nebraska vs. Coastal Carolina
4:15 p.m. - North Texas vs. Detroit
6:30 p.m. - Clemson vs. Buffalo

October 4, 2017

Texas OT Williams to avoid surgery on injured knee
Texas junior Connor Williams, rated the No. 1 offensive tackle prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft by NFLDraftScout.com, will not undergo surgery for a knee injury, coach Tom Herman said Monday. Williams suffered an MCL injury at USC on Sept. 16 and did not play in last week's game against Iowa State after a bye. Herman said the left tackle will be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks, with a chance to return this season. "Hopefully this conservative approach going without surgery will heal him up the best in the long term," Herman said, per the Dallas Morning News. "(Hopefully) it allows him to get back into uniform here before season's end." Williams, a consensus 2016 All-American, is a virtual lock to end the Longhorns' drought of offensive linemen in the NFL Draft. The last Texas offensive lineman selected was Tony Hills in the fourth round of the 2008 draft.
October 2, 2017

Missouri WR Mason no longer on team
Missouri starting wide receiver Dimetrios Mason is no longer a member of the program. Mason has 13 catches for 119 yards, one rushing attempt for 19 yards and has been Missouri's primary kickoff return man so far this season. It is unclear exactly when Mason's departure occurred, but he played in the Tigers' last game against Auburn, making two catches for 19 yards and returning one kickoff. As a freshman he played in all 12 games and caught 47 passes for 587 yards and seven touchdowns.
October 2, 2017